Friday, January 04, 2013


2012 Wrap up


I noticed I might have skipped last year’s wrap up, or have been too lazy to actually look for where I’ve put it.  Either way, that was 2 years ago now.  That seems like such a long time ago.  Another amazing thing is that I started this blog 8 years ago!  Oh how much has changed in these last 8 years.

Ok, now it’s for the 2012 wrap up.

It’s hard to believe, but I’ve been living in Australia for over 4 years now.  It really does seem like just the other day I arrived at the Sydney airport with my 2 big pieces of luggage and such excitement at finally coming to a place I’ve always wanted to visit.  Who knew 4 years later I’d still be here and have no intention of leaving. Sydney has really become a home for me.  I don't think I've felt this way in quite a long time.  I'm glad that life has brought me to such a great place.

2012 had a few big changes with a new job and a new house that I get to share with a wonderful person.  These things seem to be very positive signs that I’ll remain here in Australia for the foreseeable future.  One thing that I got to do in 2012 was really explore Australia.  This is such a large and diverse country, it was great to visit some of the different areas such as Darwin where I saw the most amazing crocs and across all the different wine regions that are only within a few hour’s drive from my house.

I think 2013 will see a bit more exploration of other countries.  Every time I speak with someone it seems there’s another country that I need to visit and explore.  I still kick myself that I never did much traveling when I was younger.  I don’t think I knew that many people that traveled while I was growing up.  It just wasn't part of the plan when one was younger.  Here in Australia, it would be a complete oddity if someone hasn’t gone out of the country.  Especially, someone who's relatively young.
   
There were some bad times in 2012 as well.  Re-injuring my back and coming close to needing a neurosurgery was certainly on top of my list of things that I could’ve done without.  After 6 months of rehab, I seem to be on my way back now.  Now to get back in shape in time for some summer Frisbee.  This is not going to be easy given I have done absolutely zero exercise in 6 months (doctor's orders).

Overall, it’s been a wonderful year, but I am really looking forward to 2013 and 2014 which are already packed with lots of major exciting changes and event.  Can’t wait!

To all of you, have a wonderful year.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Founded on 27th April, 1998, replica louis vuitton Wildcraft The indian subcontinent Private Limited suits your travelling responsibilities by offering a wide range of bags designed for specific purposes. dior replica It all began in 1990 when the marketers of Wildcraft could not find good quality equipment for adventure outings due to unavailability of imported gear in those days. With backgrounds in engineering, replica gucci handbags it was extremely difficult for the marketers to develop these bags. burberry replica But, slowly and steadily, they begun to design rucksacks, tents and sleeping bags. replica chanel Over time, other sportspersons and adventure freaks begun to contribute to these designs with their valuable inputs.