Friday, January 01, 2010

2009 Year End Wrap Up


It's amazing. I probably say this every year, but where has the time gone? It seems not that long ago that I decided to move to Australia. Now, a year and a half later, I'm so settled and comfortable here. I would've never though that I'd be here, and I'm still a bit amazed by it every day.

In the last couple of years, I was hitting a bit of a wall in all parts of my life. There was a lot of the same ol' same ol'. I needed change and the opportunity came up. Pup and I packed up and moved around the world. Still amazed by that.


This year has been filled with so many new and exciting adventures. I've been staring at this post for quite a while now. Not quite sure what exactly to write about. I've gone back and re-read a lot of my old posts. Trying to find a continuing theme to write about or perhaps to get some ideas. None of which are really coming to me at the moment.


I understand this is probably not the best well thoughtout post.


As I was looking back, I also noticed the number of posts has greatly declined over the last few years. I wonder if it's because I have less to write about? Maybe my ideas are drying up? Maybe just getting lazier? My theory is that I just have so much more other things going on now. Writing these posts were an escape for me for the last few years. Now, I'm in the place that I want to be, and I guess I just don't need to be in this space as much.

I do miss these posts though. I'm glad when people take the time to read these posts, but mostly, I write them so I can read them later. I really like reading the things I was interested in the past and if anything has changed. This is a good record of that.

I generally reflect on what happened the year before, but as I mentioned, there was a lot that happened. There were a lot of fun, a lot of dancing, and a lot of good times. The bad times were kept to a minimum. Overall, it was a good year for me.

Here are some things that I am looking forward to doing in 2010:


Make at least 2 major travel trips - Now that I have someone to travel with, I'll be sure to make some travel plans to visit some new countries. It's strange. Speaking with people here, it seems that everyone, and I mean everyone, has travelled more than I have. This is so different than in the US. It just seems people's priorities are different. I will also make these trips a bit longer. I've always been a bit nervous and amazed at others who take long holidays, I think I'm getting over that now. Think it's about time I take more trips for longer periods.


I know I say this every year, but I will finish the screenplays this year.

Most importantly, I think I'm going to work on enjoying right now. Right now is very good. I will try to enjoy it as much as I can and worry about other things as they come up. I'm going to focus on now, and enjoy it now.

Happy New Year everyone. Have a wonderful year. Take those chances, take the dive. Make it a year that you will be proud of.

No comments: