Sunday, November 05, 2006

OLD

That’s what I am officially now. Old.

Back in the day, and yes, now that I’m old I’m allow to use this phrase. Back in the day (sophomore year high school), I planned out what I wanted to be when I grew up. For the most part, I followed those plans and have done ok. I've hit most of the bigger things that I was aiming for. Got sidetracked here and there, but not too bad.

Interestingly enough, my plans from back in the days only went as far as this birthday. I couldn’t back then, nor could I really today, see past this old age that I’ve hit. I mean seriously, by this age, I was expecting to sit in a home and eat cream corn and yell at kids for walking on my lawn.

During my birthday dinner, there were some people there that I’m very glad I’ve met over the years. There were some really old friends. There were some that I really expected to always be there, but for some reason, just didn’t want to anymore. I am very glad for the ones that are still here.

I think I was pretty good at figuring out how to grow up, but now that I have, I’m not quite sure what to do with myself as a grown up.

I’m open to suggestions.

No comments: