Thursday, December 20, 2007

First Choice

I know this sounds a bit conceited and/or perhaps narcissistic, but I don’t think it’s that much to ask. Most everyone has at least one. Many people have many. I’m just looking for one.

What I’m asking is just to be someone’s first choice. When they think about a situation or maybe wanting to do something, is it so much to want them to think of me first?

That’s all I really want. I don’t think that’s smothering or anything stupid like that. I think it’s nice and the way it should be. You don’t have to do everything with the other person, but they should be your first thought when something comes up.

I want someone to think of me first when they get some good news. I want someone to think of me first when they have bad news to share. When you just want to chat aimlessly, I’d like to be that person that you go to.

I don’t get it. Am I that bad that I can’t make the tops list for anyone? Hell, I don’t think I make the top 5 list for anyone I know.

For once, I’d just like to be someone’s first choice.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

You were, once.

the M girl said...

I couldn't have said it better myself. It's weird that we're posting similar stuff at the same time!

Anonymous said...

You're my first choice, Pup. There's no elderly stuffed bear I'd rather spend time with.

Anonymous said...

dude, when I think of tiesto...you are definately #1. w00t!

Michael said...

Who's your #1? Gotta have one to be one.

I'd expand on this, but I gotta go to the bathroom.

#1, of course...