Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Decisions Decisions

Batman comes out this Friday. That is a must see of course. I love the Bat. I understand his anger. I understand his wanting to personally clean up the scum that's plaguing his city. I understand his need to be scarier then the things that go bump in the night.

That part is interesting, but I don't think that's what really fascinates me about Batman though. I'm fascinated by his enemies. Parts of me can really relate to them, or at least I think I have parts of them in me.

Scarecrow - Who doesn't like someone who wants to spread fear? He does it for fun and for research. I can respect that. I really like the idea of being able to spread fear and have people paralyzed within their own minds. All those thugs, low-lives, molesters, murders out there causing fear on people. Wouldn't it be great to have them trapped in their own minds with a nice dose of gas so they can experience what they do to others? How interesting would it be to become fear itself?

The Joker - Who doesn't love this villain? And no, the one in my head is not the happy or goofy Joker that's been portrayed in the 60s TV show or by Jack in the first Batman movie. The Joker I know is a sociopathic sadistic murder who does things with little reason or care. He is interested in causing chaos and that's about it. I can appreciate that. I understand even the Joker does things for reasons. People always have some agenda. What if one day there was a person that didn't have an agenda? A person that just wants to cause death and destruction for the fun of it.

Of course, Mamma Mia also comes out this Friday. As the guys will tell you, I've been wanting to see Mamma Mia for years now. Every time we're in Vegas they hear me bitching about not going to see Mamma Mia. I know it's not much of a decision for most people. The Batman crowd and the Mamma Mia crowd doesn't really mix, but then again, most people aren't Pup.

Decisions Decisions.

2 comments:

MilpitasGirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MilpitasGirl said...

causing death and destruction for the hell of it is known as psycho/socialpaths.