Friday, October 20, 2006


You’re so Flamboyant

It’s probably been about 5 years since I’ve seen one of my favorite 2 man group in concert. With working hitting its crazy time, I needed a little break. In comes the group that I’ve been listening to since the 4th grade to make things all good and gay.

I don’t know what the attraction is, but I’ve always loved the Pet Shop Boys (PSB). I think it’s that mix of disco dance with the fab 80s vibe.

As usual, the PSB show delivered. It was more of a show than just a concert complete with dancers, multiple outfit changes, and an awesome ever changing stage. The fans went crazy the entire show. As I’ve complained about audiences before on this blog, there was definitely nothing to complain about this time.

The guys at the show were fabulous and the women were wild with little self-conscience. They were certainly there having fun. After all, there’s really no one to impress as the hot guys doesn’t exactly play on the right team. Everyone sang and danced during the entire show. A jolly good time for everyone.

They played ‘suburbia’, which is one of my top favorite songs in the beginning of the show. After the intermission, they played ‘always on mind’ which got the concert hall going crazy. It was a good mix of old material and new. Even though I’ve heard the old stuff a million times, it was so much cooler to hear it live. They ended the show with an encore of 'It’s a sin' and 'Go West'. Both crowd and my personal favorites.

What a great way to start the 2 week celebration to my oldness.

No comments: