Friday, February 23, 2007

Pieces

I’ve always been a person that thinks he can fix things. That’s my thing. With my friends, work, groups, give me the problem. I’ll fix it. This mentality has always been a part of me. I’ve always wanted to fix things.

I learned a good lesson recently. I’m sure I should’ve learned this a while ago when some good friends told me, but I didn’t learn. Oh how that’s come back to haunt me now.

There are things and situations in life that simply can’t be fixed. There are things that the harder you try to fix, the more broken it becomes. Not all problems are meant to be fixed. Some things are problems for a reason. In many instances, you’re only fixing a symptom. Fixing these symptoms won’t hide or allow you to get to the real problem for long.

I know this is over said, but there are things out there that only time can fix. If it was meant to be fixed, only time can heal the problem so that it eventually can be fixed. Time can allow you to go to your own corner and figure out what the real problem is.

Time is a torturous thing though. Especially for someone like me who thinks he can fix things right now. Someone who just wants to make things better as soon as he can. Sadly, as I’m learning, intentions and reality are often completely unrelated.

I don’t think I’ll give up this mentality to fix things. However, I will entertain the fact that time is a good and viable solution to some problems. There are situations where it’s best to let time run its course and let things settle.

I'll just learn to wait patiently as time does its thing.

No comments: