Sunday, December 07, 2008

Ultimate Down Under

Here are some of my impressions of Ultimate in Australia

There is no drinking during or even after the games. Maybe I'm just on the wrong teams, but I don't understand ultimate games not involving drinking.

The game rules are a bit different. They play to a time limit instead of scores. A blow out could get ridiculously silly after a while. I know cause my teams have been part of these blow out. Not on the good side either.

As I'm suffering from right now, you can get sun burned without the sun being out, and it being a very cloudy/rainy day.

The teams are very big on spirit here. After the games, they get together in a circle and congratulate each other on a great game. Sometimes there is a game involved too. Similar to the cheers some teams I've been on still does for each other, but they do it after every game. I quite enjoy this.


Did I mention the non drinking? I'm still weird-ed out by the lack of drinking.


Playing with high school kids in the Australia is exactly the same as playing with high school kids in the US. That's all I'm going to say.


I'm trying to put together a club team mainly of ex-pats. It's turning out to be a really international team. It's going to be so much fun playing with people from all over the world.

No comments: