Wednesday, September 14, 2005

At LAST….. The PUP has come BACK to Atlaaaaaaaaaataaaaa!!
(If you know where this is from, cool points.)

So here’s the big change happening with my life. As of today, I have accepted a new job that will allow me to move back to Atlanta and have given my notice to Sprint. The new job is different from what I do now and my education, but I’m excited at learning some new things. I think it’ll be a good experience in the long run.

I’ll get to travel for this new job which I love to do, and there may also be opportunities for international travel which I’m very excited about. Then of course, there’s the Atlanta thing. As some of you know, I’ve been trying to get out of Kansas and move back to Atlanta for a while now. So Yay!

There are some big unknowns of course that I’ll have to get accustomed to. For one, I’ll be working from home. I’m one of these people that enjoys going to a different place for work, and seeing people. With just me and pup all day every day, I may go totally insane. One positive with this, with no commute, gas can now go up to $5 a gallon.

It took me a while to talk myself into the job. I was leaning toward saying no to this position, but things happened and I decided to go for it. The main thing being that there probably isn’t that much room for advancement here in my present job in the near future, and as I’m not a patient person when it comes to this, I decided to head for greener pastures. This new job will be vastly different, in both job duties and work environment, but I’m willing to give it a shot.

Moving back to ATL will mean that I’ll be able to hang out with a lot of my friends and be able to see my nephew (I won’t have to be trapped in the phone anymore) and niece (from now on be called baby-girl) all the time. With a strong established network of friends and family already in ATL, I think my quality of life will definitely improve.

Even more awesome, I’ll be able to start looking for a house. Maybe with a yard for a dog (Wink Wink CC). To have a house, a yard, and a dog would just kick SO much ass.

So I’ll be busy with coordinating all the moving, which is just the most expensive thing EVER, and preparing to leave my present job. Things will be hectic for a while so the posts maybe a bit more random.

Happy Hump Wednesday!!

No comments: