Wednesday, September 21, 2005

By the power of GreySkull... I am He-Jeb!!!

This is just so ridiculous that it’s funny.

There’s something horribly wrong with the Bush Family.

From the Herald Tribune:

“More than an hour into a solemn ceremony naming Rep. Marco Rubio, R-West Miami, as the 2007-08 House Speaker, Gov. Jeb Bush stepped to the podium in the House chamber last week and told a short story about "unleashing Chang," his "mystical warrior" friend.”

Here are Bush's words, spoken before hundreds of lawmakers and politicians: "Chang is a mystical warrior. Chang is somebody who believes in conservative principles, believes in entrepreneurial capitalism, believes in moral values that underpin a free society."

I rely on Chang with great regularity in my public life. He has been by my side and sometimes I let him down. But Chang, this mystical warrior, has never let me down.

"Bush then unsheathed a golden sword and gave it to Rubio as a gift."I'm going to bestow on you the sword of a great conservative warrior," he said, as the crowd roared.

See here for a picture.

His mystical warrior friend?! What the fuck? Are you kidding me? I bet you all thought I was crazy when I say I ask advice from Pup for my tough decisions. Doesn’t seem so crazy now does it?

I truly feel bad for people living in Florida. It can NOT be comforting to know that their governor gets advice from a mystical warrior friend. It’d be one thing if it was a real Asian person name Chang, but an imaginary mystical warrior as your main advisor?

BTW, what happened to the Bush family’s whole Christian thing? Where are all those religious rights who should be protesting this? Shouldn’t Jeb be calling on Jesus for advice instead of Chang? Doesn't Chang count as a false prophet or something?

I've seen WWJD (What Would Jesus Do), but now I guess it's WWCD? Man, I would so put that bumper sticker on my car.

Could it be that Jeb isn’t actually as much of a Christian conservative as he would like people to believe? Could it be that the 'favors' he does for the right are only to use the religious right to keep him in power? Who's the real puppet master here? Jeb or the Religious right?

Hmmm… makes you wonder.

No comments: