Friday, November 04, 2005

Go, Go, Go, Pup..

It's your birthday
We gon' party like it's yo birthday
We gon' sip Bacardi like it's your birthday

Ironically (in an Alanis way), I’m listening to ‘Livin’ on a Prayer’ by Bon Joni. Interesting that’s the first song I’ve heard today and the second cued is Pet Shop Boy’s ‘Being Boring’.

After the accident, ‘Being Boring’ became one of the theme songs for me. Given a second chance at things (life), I've realized there’s no reason to be boring or to hold yourself back about things. The only fear I had after coming back was not accomplishing everything that I wanted.

I could’ve stayed dead if I wanted to be boring. That’s not what happened though, I came back. It would be a big waste if I didn’t take advantage of it. There's so much out there to experience.

I think I’ve changed pretty drastically to the person you know as Pup now. You would never read what the old me would post, cause he probably wouldn’t or it would just suck a lot (not that I'm saying this is a great blog or anything), but there definitly wouldn't be cool posts like 'What the fuck is wrong with you people'. Yea, he kinda sucks.

So next year will be the big one. Old age will be at my doorsteps. I will be prepared to meet it in Vegas. This birthday is more like the 2 minute warning. There’s still time left, but you’ve better hurry.

You see, I set a lot of goals for myself. There are academic/professional goals, and there are personal ones. I seem to be on-track and doing pretty well in the academic/professional side. Somehow I’m not doing very well on the personal side (being so involved in the professional side has this side effect).

There's gonna be a lot I'm going to have to do in this next year.

'cause it doesn't make a difference
If we make it or not
We've got each other and that's a lot
For love - we'll give it a shot

I was looking for what I wrote last year. Apparently, I didn’t make a birthday type post. I was way too angry at the election results. I bet some of you thought I over-reacted. Did I? No, I think I nailed it.

Last year I said this “For some reason, the last three birthdays have been really been slow and tame. Boo. Oh well, there’s always next year.”

I’ve got some things planned for today, so hope that streaks ends tonight!

Happy Best Day of the Year!!

No comments: