Thursday, November 17, 2005

Pardon the Interruption

Thought you knew what to expect here huh? Thought you were all ready to flip onto another page when you see the same old post huh? Thought you were going to see a post with insightful views of the world around us or witty inside jokes?

Well you’re wrong on all accounts.

Actually, I’ve got nothing. There are a couple things going on that have seriously destroyed my lack of time or interest in posting.

As the year winds down, there are so many things that I want to do before the year is out, and so many more things I want to plan for the next year. I've got things on lists to check off. Yes, list with a S, multiple lists. You see, you’d never know it if you met me, but I’m a closet neurotic OCD planning fool.

Sure some things I do seem random and totally idiotic, but I assure you, most are not. Even the randomness gets planned out. I don’t plan for a specific randomness, just options for randomness then pick one. Sounds pathetic I know, but it's what I do.

I personally don't know what people are thinking about all the time. Like whenever I have any free time, I think of a situation and different ways I would act in them. Some are proper, some involves a chainsaw. Whatever comes, I've aleady played it out in my head.

You see, that's the problem. There are things that play out just like I've planned, but then real life is a funny thing. There are many things that no matter how much you've thought it through, it's just not the same when it actually happen.

Sometimes things just feels like shit no matter how well you prepare yourself.

Anyway, another reason for my absence is due to the fight between my computers and I lately. First my monitor was doing strange things, then the wireless stopped working. What a pain in the ass. Besides moving, I think having computer problems, out of the blue cause it was all working fine, is one of the worst things ever.

It was only 29 degrees when I woke up today. I’m very surprised they didn’t shut down the schools. We just don’t do 29 here. I remember schools were shut down when there was a threat of snow one year. Yep, just threat. It turned out nice and sunny. We’re that scared of the cold here. I think the afternoon highs will be in the 60s and will probably be a very nice day.

One thing that I don’t do anymore since moving to Atlanta is watch the news. Since I’m working all the time I miss a lot of the news that comes up around 5pm. So no news for me. However, there is one topic that I keep hearing on the radio. I don’t know if it’s just this one radio station’s crusade or anything, but they’ve mentioned it everyday this week.

The story involves a 37 yr. old lady that got pregnant by a 15 yr. old boy. Apparently they’ve been having sex since he was 13. The legal age to marry is 18, but under a weird old law, you can marry anyone you knock up no matter their age. Yay family values!

So now there’s a big uproar about the law and people are genuinely surprised at this law that I bet was written by those under the banner of protecting the family.

Listen all you conservative bible-thumping think you know what’s best, what seems like a good idea in your belief system, isn’t always the best idea for the rest of the world. When will you learn that trying to extract rules from a book written 2000 years ago is NOT a good idea?

Sure it’s got some good stuff in there, but we don’t need to look to that to know what’s right and wrong. Don't steal or kill people? You need to look at an ancient text to know that's not good?

If you think people do need a Bible/Koran/whatever the hell old text to teach them between right and wrong, maybe you should look at yourselves as a parent or the fact that we pay teachers $17,000 a year why there's so many stupid people around. BTW, there are people who plays sports that make that kind of money in hours.

Maybe you’re just not willing to admit that we’re fucking up in terms of education. Maybe we're too concerned with this capitalistic consumer society to be worry about a silly thing like education. Maybe having a kid is more than about procreation to keep you company or buy cute little baby clothes.

Think about why people want their kids to have a good education nowadays. It's not so they would be better people or help society as a whole grow intellectually. No, it's so they can have a good job and have lots of money to buy stuff. When education has degraded into only a means of
making money, society is in big trouble.

Just as all these anti-gay marriage laws will soon prove to be a great loophole in domestic abuse acquittal, this law in Georgia will now see the ill-effects of trying to rule through theological theories.

Can't wait till Harry Potter Tomorrow!!

No comments: