Tuesday, November 08, 2005

What 2nd course?

Ended before it got started.

I think that’s the best way to describe my birthday. After a big lull in the celebration the last couple of years, this year had all the makings of a great birthday. I was around friends and family. People drove for hours to come this weekend. I’ve just moved back to ATL, and the new job’s been going well.

So everything’s going fantastic.

Overall, the plan was simple. Dinner and go out to a few bars. I picked a Tapas restaurant to go to since that’s been my thing lately. While we waited for other friends to come by to go to dinner, we started playing a game, and that game started the end for me.

It was a roulette drinking game that had 6 shot glasses and a roulette wheel. Each shot glass had 6 numbers on it. If the ball lands on your number, then you have to take a shot (or half shot depending on if it’s black or red).

I don’t remember how long we were playing, but a lot of shots were taken. We already had to resort to beer shots by the time my friends came by.

So we went off to dinner where we had to wait for our table. I think the wait was about 45 minutes, and in that time span I had 2 mojitos, 1 jager bomb, 2 lemon drop shots. Then came time to sit down where sangria was ordered.

Needless to say, this is when my memory of the night begins getting fuzzy. I remember having some really tasty dishes. I remember having to go to the bathroom several times, and I remember hurling in the bathroom a couple of times too. Other than that, it’s all pretty fuzzy.

Talking with friends later I found out that there was a whole 2nd round of food that came out that I completely did not remember. Guess I’m going to have to go to that restaurant again. Hopefully, they won’t remember me.

After dinner people were asking where we were going next, but unfortunately I was done. I was ready to sleep under the table at the restaurant.

I don’t remember much of the ride home except I hurled a bit in big red. Poor girl. One comforting thing is that when you’re around good friends, you don’t get as embarrassed about things like that. Simply because they’ve seen me do it way too many times to care.

Baring this little set back, the rest of the birthday weekend was great. Had lots of great food and I actually went car shopping. If you didn't know, car shopping is probably one of least enjoyable experiences for me. I'll have to tell you the story of one of the car salesman that we met. Man, talk about over share.

I put down an order for a red Toyota Prius. I'm not planning on buying till next year, but the wait seems to be a couple of months, so hopefully, the timing will work out perfect.

I also got some majorly awesome presents. The best would probably have to be THIS.

Yes, be jealous. Very very jealous.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: