Friday, February 24, 2006

You’re in my closet!!

I met up with a good friend of mine from college earlier this week. For 3 years she was either my neighbor or lived only a couple of rooms down in our building. We were pretty close and hung out a lot in the same circles. Unfortunately, we parted after graduation and lost touch.

It’s funny how fast time flies. It’s already been 7 years since I’ve seen her. We agreed to meet at my favorite bar which is also right around the corner from where she lives. It was a rainy an cold night. When me and my roommate walked up to the bar, I instantly spotted her standing outside with her green umbrella (she has a thing with green umbrellas).

Almost instantly, it was as if the last 7 years never happened and we were still in college. We talked it up all night. There is a lot to catch up on in 7 years. Things were different in our lives, but somehow the friendship still felt very much the same.

We reminiscent about the old days (cause we’re old so we have old stories). One of my favorite stories is me almost peeing in her closet during college because I was so drunk. I was in her closet (I remember thinking to myself the bathroom sure has gotten smaller) and ready to pee. She came in her room and saw me and said “WHAT are you doing?!!” I said “I’m peeing, get out of the bathroom! I’m in here! “You’re in my fucking closet!” she said. "That does explain the shoes" I said.

Ah yes, good times.

Having moved back to ATL, hopefully we’ll be able to hang out more again and create some new fun stories about the new old days. That and hopefully she'll have locks on her closets now.

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments: