Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Working from Home: Day 3

So here we are on day 3 of working my new job from home. All I have to say is. Working in boxers ROCKS!!

So far, it’s been great. Of course, this is only day 3. Who knows when I’ll resort to

AllworkaNdnoplaymakespupadullboyAllworkandnoPlaymakespupadullbear AllworkaNdnoplaymakespuPadulldogaLlworkandnoplayMakespupadullboy
aAllworkandNoplaymAkeSpupadullpupAlLworkandnoplaymaKespupadullboy
AllwOrkandnOplAymaKesPUPadullboyAllWorkandnoplaymakespupadullboy
allworkandnoplaymAkespupadullboyallworkandnoplaymakespupadullstuff
aAllworkandnOplayMakespupadullboyAllwoRkandnoplaymakespupadullboy
AllworkandnoplaYmakespupadulldogAllworkandnopLaymakESpupadullboy
AllworkaNdnopLayMakespuPpadullboYallworkandnoplaYmakespupadullboy
AllworKandnoplaymakesPupadullpupAlLworkandnoplaymakEspupadullboy

Anyway.

It’s been really good. A lot of things that I thought I’d miss, mainly working with people, hasn’t really hit yet. I’m quite enjoying working by myself. I think I’m getting a lot more done than I would be if I was at an office.

There’s so much I have to learn with this new company. It gets overwhelming at times and I have 2 weeks to get all caught up. This is gonna be fun!

Fun like getting punched in the balls.

So I thought I needed some social interaction and went to play ultimate last night. Afterwards, I went to the bar that a couple guys and I always go to by myself. This is the first time that I’ve ever gone to a bar by myself. The others that usually go with me were no shows.

Since I only have 2 more chances to do this before my move, I figured I’d brave it. It wasn’t that bad though. I knew everyone working there and the couple that was at the bar.

I always thought it was odd how you make friends at the bar. For example, there’s this cool couple that’s usually there the same nights we are. I don’t think we’ve talked for the first few months we saw each other but there was general acknowledgement.

Then one night we were getting pretty hammered, as was the couple. We were watching muted Goodfellas on the TV and a few jagerbombs later, here we are (BTW, this couple can drink more jagerbombs than anyone I’ve ever met. I think they average about 6 per night (each) plus all the beer and drinks. They usually leave pretty sober. Amazing.)

So I hung out with them and the people that worked there last night. Last night’s conversation revolved around where sea monsters would more likely live. I said Pacific because the Atlantic ocean is wimpy.

Then the conversation went primal as more drinks were poured and the discussion of a karate monkey began.

This Karate Chimp.

So a good time was had by all. It’s gonna suck having to move and get established at a new bar.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: