Saturday, August 02, 2008

Live.. From Down Under... It's Pup!!!!

Now that I'm on the other side of the world, here's a few things that I've observed.

Food is insanely expensive here. Like double the price of the US. You know how you can get a roasted chicken from the grocery store for about $6 in your grocery store? Yea, it's A$14 dollars here. You know what the exchange rate is? 1:1

Actually, everything is expensive here.

I've been watching a lot of Rugby. Still not 100% sure what's going on, but I think I'm getting the hang of things soon and it looks fun.

There are Aussie versions of 2 of my favorite shows. So you think you can dance Australia and Project Runway Australia. Sweet.

A new video game here costs A$85. That's just insane.

I was awake at 4am today due to jet lag. I started walking around looking for apartments at 8am. I walked by several clubs that were just starting to close. I later talked to a friend here who said she had an early night at the club last night. She left at 5am.

Driving from the right side is weird. Not getting hit by a car is a bit of a challenge for me right now.

I need to learn the metric system and to tell the temperature in Celsius. It's screwing with me when I look at stuff.

8 thin slices of hard Salomi costs A$6. Other cold cuts are equally expensive.

Going out tonight. Should have more interesting things to report tomorrow.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Those are my kinda clubs! I have never been able to figure out who decided 2am was the end of the night.

Good luck with the metric/celcius thing.

Anonymous said...

dude, I'm glad you made it! Thanks again for a great time. My second interview went well! They asked me for a list of references! Keep in touch, we gotta set up skype soon! w00t!

the M girl said...

sounds like you're already having a blast!

have a 6 dollah salami sandwich on me! lol

vegeMITE!

Jamie said...

Still recovering?

MilpitasGirl said...

6 buck for thin slice salami.. my GOD!! Well 5am is an early nite? What is up with these people from down under?