Monday, December 05, 2005

Work

Work. Work Hard. Work is the only thing that will see you through.

Not that I have a choice as my job has grown into a daily 12 hour monster that just seems to just get more complicated and time consuming.

Last week I left my house on Tuesday afternoon around 4pm. I got back Sunday around 2pm. I don't mind the traveling, actually I quite like it. The only problem is that all the work that needed to be done from Tuesday till Friday will need to be made up. Probably all by the end of the day today.

Oh, today's gonna be a great day.

I'm glad at least it's raining. I'm glad to see nothing but grey and darkness out my window.

Work. Work Hard. Work is the only thing that will see you through.

I'll put on my mask. My mask of professionalism and taking good care of my clients. My mask will make me concentrate only on all the work I have ahead of me. That's the mask I will see in the mirror. Maybe if I have it long enough, I'll forget what's underneath.

"Fallen" - Sarah Mclachlan

Heaven bend to take my hand
And lead me through the fire
Be the long awaited answer
To a long and painful fight

Truth be told I've tried my best
But somewhere along the way
I got caught up in all there was to offer
And the cost was so much more than I could bear

Though I've tried, I've fallen...
I have sunk so low
I messed up
Better I should know
So don't come round here
And tell me I told you so...

We all begin with good intent
Love was raw and young
We believed that we could change ourselves
The past could be undone
But we carry on our backs the burden
Time always reveals

In the lonely light of morning
In the wound that would not heal
It's the bitter taste of losing everything
That I've held so dear.

No comments: