Friday, May 28, 2004

Colorado

Colorado is gorgeous. If you’ve never visited, you really should. I went back last weekend to visit my friends in Colorado Springs. The high elevation desert boarded by the Rockies makes for very scenic landscape.

So here’s the summary of the weekend. Got there Friday night after numerous flight delays. Finally got to CS and had delicious Louie’s pizza (Oh good God can potheads make good pizza! If you know a pizza place with a lot of potheads working there, I guarantee you it’ll be good pizza). Got torn up later at good company (all night I was refering to the place as 3's company, good times, good companion, etc. Damn this short term memory).

Bright and early the next day. The first beer was opened around 9:30am. We were heading out to a 9 hole course for our tee time at 11am. I am a very poor golfer. Those damn lessons I’m taking obviously haven’t kicked in yet. So each hole took a painfully long time. Just as well. More time to drink. I would say probably by the 3rd or 4th hole, we’ve finished about 3 beers each and a couple of rum and cokes (beer per hole is solid work). Something about drinking that early in the morning really messes you up quickly.

Now you would think this is looked down on, but in case you didn’t know, there are beer karts that drive around the golf course for you to by beers. This is a wonderful idea. Let’s get them liquored up and the keys to the golf karts. That was a good time.

So by the ninth hole, we were all pretty intoxicated. It is about 2pm now. I looked at the score card, it read +32. 32 over. Damn. I like to look at it as I got to play 2x as much as everyone else.

So later we hung out, worked on a car (well, I mostly watched), visited people, played games (BTW, Bill Clinton is the answer to ALL presidential question in Trivial Pursuit). Then it was off to the bars again.

I was a little hesitant and not too overly optimistic about this outing. As many of you (well, you alcoholics) know, it is very difficult to get drunk twice in one day. I would be facing a difficult challenge. Never the less, I was a trooper, after a tap of over a hundred dollars in shots and beer, I was there.

I rode home with a friend and all the while I was thinking “don’t throw up in the car.. don’t throw up in the car” I managed not to throw up in the car (if you knew me, you’d know that’s a big deal)...

Another funny point about Colorado when I was there. I saw the Coors guy (owner of Coors) is running for the Senate. I hope he has the same marketing team as the Coors light. Wing man is still the best.

Great trip, Great people. Colorado. Good god I sound like an ad.

1 comment:

Pup said...

True. Fine point. Although the activities can be done anywhere else it is still better in Colorado because of the scenery. Anytime you look up and to the west. There's NORAD staring that one bright red light right at you. Makes you feel nice and safe :)