Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Flex-Time My Ass.

Sometimes, it’s just not fair. I know, it’s not and that’s the way it is, but I can still bitch cause my name’s at the top of this page. What’s my name? Pup. That’s right. Recognize.

All this stupid work is really cutting into my blogging time. Don’t they know I’ve got responsibilities too? People to keep entertained (not always, I try). So it’s not a little hellion running around at school peeing on himself, or 4 after school soccer leagues that I have to taxi high maintenance brats around in, or the stupid $15 can of popcorn that I have to guilt my coworkers into buying. People have kids, and that loads them up with responsibilities. Is that my fault?
It’s not that I have problems with kids or people having kids (well, that’s not entirely true), but what about those of us that doesn’t? I heard several times in this last week that someone couldn’t get back to me with something I need because they had to pick up their kid, or rush a new set of pants to the school. Not that I mind this, really I don’t. Flex-time allows them to do this and it’s fine.

What about those of us that doesn’t have kids but also has things that comes up during the work hours? Can we use some flex time for this? Ha. No. Can you imagine if I said I couldn’t get back to you cause I needed to get some blogging done? It’s the same thing people. Except in my case, I’d be fired.

I’m going to start telling people that I do have a child. So whenever I want to leave I can use him as an excuse. Any ideas for what Pup’s kid’s name would be?

Sorry, work rant. Real posts later.

BTW, I’ve got cable yesterday!! Yay me! 15 clear channels.


(cue “You’re the best” from The Karate Kid).

No comments: