Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Know Your Enemy!

Last night I watched day two of the Republican National Convention. And honestly I've been looking forward to this event since the end of the DNC. What is W and party selling to American voters? Are they buying it? I'm not. Whenever I see his face on the tv, I shoot the tube a bird. When he appears with Laura, I grab my crotch and flip a bird. Anyway, once you know your enemy's strengths you can work to tear him down.

Here's what I saw last night. First, the Govenator speaks. He thanks the GOP's spin-meisters for winning him the governor's seat. Well sorta. "I'm so thankful for being an American! And now governor of California.... (Thank my lucky stars!!!)" Then he recalls his experience of being oppressed during the Soviet's occupation of Austria. He follows this up with a lengthy spat of one liner qualifiers characteristic of Republican ideology. "If you support military growth, then you are a Republican.... If you believe this country, not the UN is the best hope of democracy in the world...."

Hey, Mister Arnold, what's with that chip on your shoulder? Oppression in Austria wasn't enough for you, now you have the backing of the US Army to flex your proverbial muscles about the globe? Yeah, and what about that evil UN organization? Boy, aren't they annoying with their disarmament crap. Not to mention, hey all people everywhere have rights, too! Not just US giants. Gotta get rid of that. What am I talking about, I'm just a girlie man!

Continuing. The Bush twins followed Jar-Jar. "Our dad knows the difference between mono and Bono. giggle, giggle." The Fox casting directors should have selected these idiots for the Simple Life.

Laura was last. Honey, we know the drill. The rich get richer.... But..."I could talk about the record increase in home ownership. Home ownership in America, especially minority home ownership, is at an all-time high." So Colin and Condy have new houses. That wonderful! Why don't you come around my ghetto. The cockroaches own about 80% of my house. But..."I want to talk about the issue that I believe is most important for my own daughters, for all our families, and for our future: George's work to protect our country and defeat terror so that all children can grow up in a more peaceful world." Go get 'em, cowboy!

Finally I close with a warning, a message, a view of the Republican Party 2004.

The lie is my expense
The scope of my desire
The Party blessed me with its future
And I protect it with fire
I am the Nina The Pinta The Santa Maria
The noose and the rapist
And the fields overseer
The agents of orange
The priests of Hiroshima
The cost of my desire

Rage Against the Machine.


No comments: