Thursday, December 16, 2004

On the 12th day of Christmas.... there’s 12 days of Christmas? WTF?

I never understood that song. 12 days of Christmas? When did that happen? Are the Christians just trying to outdo the 8 days of Hanukkah? You got 8? Oh yea? Well... we’ve got 12 so there.

Really, if someone could explain the origins of the 12 days of Christmas to me that’d be great.

Here’s my theory... Think of it like marketing ploys. A long time ago when Judaism and Christianity were fighting for converts. Judaism came out with the 8 days of Hanukkah plan. 8 days of fun and celebration of lights, and gifts and all good stuff. Not to be outdone, the Christians came up with the 12 days of Christmas. Same thing, just 12 days of it!

There were downsizing during the dark ages, so it went down to one day.

That’s my story and I’m sticking with it.

“Marketing.... helping religions grow since 1 A.D.”

8 more days of shopping left… then the after Christmas sales!! That's when I rack up.

2 more days till my DJ debute in the Midwest. I've decided not to go with a full Trance/House set. I'll throw in a little bit of other things in there that are fun and dancey.

I just got a new phone!! Yay! Sure it’s got lots and lots of features, but my favorite? There’s a little bear that walks around and does funny things when you turn it on. Yay funny cute bear!!

Shut UP!!! There’s nothing wrong with being like a 5 years old.... Sometimes.

He looks a bit like Pup too! Well, except he doesn't have a bottle of Jack in his paw...

No comments: