Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Busy Busy

Work has been getting a little silly lately. For the last few days we’ve been locked in a room for 8 hours at a time doing work for the new company (in case you didn’t know, pending approval from the government, my company and one other one that sponsors the nascar cup are merging). It’s very cool stuff as we’re defining a lot of what and how everyone at the new company should behave and the new company values.

You WILL behave the way I tell you. Don’t make Pup have to choke a bitch.

Good times.

No time for a good real post, so stuff I’m thinking of:

I went out Saturday night with a couple of guys. I didn’t drink all week as part of my lower my tolerance campaign. It was just getting way too expensive. So on Saturday, I was ready to get my drink on. A few things I realized during this night of drunkenness:
- Pup is no bull rider. I tried it. It hurt me a lot more than I hurt the bull. I think I’ll be sore in some strange areas for a couple of days. I’ll have my revenge Mr. mechanical bull!!
- Having a good seat overlooking the street where all the bars let out at 3am is fun. Betting on how long it would be before the first fight broke out is even more fun.
- Drunk people are only funny when you are also drunk.
- Best food ever at 3am: Getting a meat-on-a-stick or Gyro after a long night of drinking.
- I don’t understand line dancing. I just don’t.
- I hate it when people try to make little extra moves during line dancing. You don’t look cool or special buddy, you look like a jackass.
- Why is hip-hop everywhere? It’s not that I don’t like it, but they play hip-hop in a country bar nowadays? WTF?
- Wearing a sleeveless black Metallica shirt with a black cowboy hat and a mullet takes courage. Stupid drunken courage. Especially since I saw you cut off your sleeves by the bathroom and hearing you say you’d get SO much tail tonight. Good luck with that.

I cleaned like I had OCD this weekend. The place is still a little messy, but it’s very clean. My apt. was getting quite nasty since I haven’t been there for the last 4 weekends.

Other than general nastiness, I also cleaned because I’m expecting a certain cross-country driving New Yorker tomorrow and other company this weekend. Nothing like shame of other people seeing your nastiness to get you motivated. I’m telling ya, if I didn’t invite people over every now and then, my place would be a breeding ground for biological weapons.

Ultimate was SO awesome last week! I think we have a really good team this year. We won our first game versus a slightly above average team (13-7). I’ve got high hopes for this season. If nothing else, everyone seems very friendly and it’ll be a good time this season.

I don’t know why this keeps popping into my head, but…

Agent Smith: I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague, and we are the cure.

It’s SO true.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: