Thursday, June 23, 2005

Game on Bitches!

This is a big sporting day for me today.

In Ultimate Frisbee tonight, we will be playing the pre-season favorites and one of this year’s powerhouse team of summer league. As I’ve been scouting them the last couple of games, I could not find any weak links. This is very troubling as I have no idea who I would be able to guard or match up with against these guys.

Not that we’re a bad team or anything, we’re 2-0 just like they are. We’ve blown out the other 2 teams like they have the last 2 weeks as well. They have the big time, name recognizable, flashy players around summer league. Our team is a lot more modest, we play well together, and I would contend that our good players are just as good as theirs.

So it may be left up to the other players to step up. Players like the Pup that NEED to step up, and while the good players are busy canceling each other out, the Pup needs to get his game on.

Another reason for the need to win is that friends of the Pup play for the other team as well. So in the spirit of being competitive, we need this win.

Even if I don’t help the team with good offense/defense, I certainly hope I don’t hurt the team with turnovers, drops, missed assignments, or anything stupid like that.

Breathe….. big breath…. In… Out… OK, I’m getting all nervous and excited just typing this out.

I’m listening to songs from the Karate Kid and Rocky to get all motivated and fired up.

I need the eye of the tiger!!

Also, immediately after Ultimate, there will be a rush home or to a bar for some Game 7 NBA finals action!! Can’t you just feel the excitement? Even if you don’t care about basketball or sports, a game 7 must excite you right?

No? Well, you suck. Go to a bar and get drunk anyway!

Go Pistons!!! Deeeeetroooooit Basssssetballlllllllllllllll!!!!

Happy 'Go time' Thursday!

No comments: