Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Bang Bang

Among my many annoyances and peeves, one of the major ones I have is with Guns. Nothing good has ever come from a gun. Something that is created for the sole purpose of killing things is not something that is not good for anyone.

As such, I especially cannot stand the NRA. The National Rifle Association’s main stance is that everyone is able to own arms under the constitution. They argue that it is a protected right from the founders of this country under the second amendment.

Let’s take a look at the Second Amendment.

The Second Amendment:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

A well regulated Militia. The first part of the amendment, and the part that is omitted by the NRA (as engraved on their headquarters) says it all when arguing about the right to bear arms. I hardly think that most people who owns a gun are in a well regulated Militia.

So what else is there to say? The second part of the amendment you ask? The part that the NRA focuses on? You know what? You can’t just pick and choose which parts you like.

Either you take the whole thing or you don’t.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not for getting rid of all guns or anything. I’m mainly talking about the semi-automatic rifles and handguns out there. I can compromise on some guns that people use for hunting and other gun sports, but what in the hell is the use for an Uzi or tech-9?

What? Besides that it has a huge profit margin? Hmm.. interesting isn’t it?

Please also do not argue that you need a high caliber semi-automatic to shoot a deer. If you do, you probably shouldn’t be hunting.

However, all that aside, those are not the biggest reason that I have with guns. All Y’all will probably think I’m crazy, but then again, I am a stuffed bear with a drinking problem, so whatever.

Hmmm… I wrote a lot on this, but I’ve decided not to post it. It’s just too long and boring even for me. Basically, my biggest beef with guns and other missile-type weapons is that they are simply cowardly weapons used by cowards.

You want to fight? Be a fucking man and knuckle up. Guns are used by the weak cause they know they can’t do shit without having an advantage. No honor.

_________

About 200 pages down on the Potter book. I’ve still got 2/3 of the Potter book to enjoy.
Who's jealous now?

:p

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: