Thursday, March 24, 2005

Blahdy Bla Bla...

I’m in a bit of a funk. Not the George Clinton or James Brown good type of funk. More on the sweaty shirt that hasn’t been washed in a few weeks funk. Basically, I could live with it, but it’s not enjoyable.

You know how people always say they never have time to get away, or time to themselves? Well, I think I have the opposite. I travel quite a bit each month to visit friends and family all across the country. I get out, have fun. The problem is the opposite. I never have anyone to come home to.

Boo fucking hoo right? Always greener on the other side yea?

At least that’s what I think is going on. Not quite sure really. I usually know what is causing the funkiness within me. It’s usually Rick James, but not this time. It’s a bit harder to put my hands on it this time.

All I know is I can’t stop eating. This whole week’s been a non-stop eating binge. I told my boss I think I maybe pregnant and that I need a couple of days off to check and be sure, but that was a no-go. Insensitive bastard. I thought maybe it's me not going to the gym in a few weeks. Nope, did that last night. Nothing. Still consuming like I was in an eating contest

And even worst, I polished off my last beer in the house last night. D'oh! Back to the hard stuff now I guess. Good ol’ Jack. I’m coming back to ya!

There’s really no reason for this either. Besides no one in ATL wanting to hire me, other things in my life is going pretty well. Work is really busy, but good. Got a couple of kick ass trips to ATL and LA coming up. There’s someone that lives way too far away, but it’s fun to think about all the ways to see them while I sit in my meetings everyday. Sarah McLachlan concert is coming up soon too!!

It’s been raining for a few days now too. That usually puts me in a good mood too, but that’s not working. The same with the Sweet 16 coming up tonight and this weekend!

This should be a good time for ol’ pup. Yet, not so much.

Hmmm… now that I’m writing this out though, something just hit me. Maybe it’s not that I’m in a funk, maybe I’ve just raised my expectation a bit too high. The last couple of weeks have been great with a big O' awesome last weekend to end it up. Coming back to my normal life must just not seem as good or that something is missing that should be around.

I think I’ll go over this theory with Jack tonight, and if he isn’t helpful, I’ll get The captain and Jose to join in the conversation. We’ll figure something out, even if I don’t, I won't remember it the next day anyhow. :)

I swear this is the last of these for a while. They're kinda pissing me off.

Happy Thursday!

No comments: