Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Boo fucking hoo.

Yea, so much for the long run of good mood I was in. For a while there, things really seem to be picking up for ol’ Pup. Everything was coming up Pup (good for you if you know where that's from). Just as quickly as the doors to new opportunities and new things were opening up, they are just as quickly shut right in my face.

I’m probably just being a bit over-dramatic, but still. It really sucks when you have your heart set on something and it doesn’t work out.

In case you’re wondering what it is, it’s just a job thing. Nothing too overly serious I guess. Hence me thinking I’m being over-dramatic.

I didn’t get selected for a job I interviewed for. I know, this isn’t a big thing. I’ve been rejected for dozens and dozens of jobs before. For a few specific reasons, I’m especially down about this one.

The job was going to be great. It would be my current boss’s job but at another company. A company that’s in Atlanta. It’s exactly what I do now, but with management opportunities. I get my own group of peons!

It was also a great fit too. The new company is about 2 years behind as far as what I do. They want to set up the exact same group that I’m current in now, they’re in the same industry, and they even use all the same vendors as we do. What the hell? How did I not get it?

The Atlanta thing really was the biggest draw though. I’ve made up my mind about having to move back sometime this year. I’m tired of living in strange areas where I only know a few places and have only a few friends to hang out with. I know Atlanta, I have friends there and my family is there. Sweet tea is also the norm there.

I’m SO ready to settle down somewhere I want to be. I’m over this whole living in an apt. thing and the living in all areas of the country thing. It’s time I get a house with a yard.

Oh well, I guess I’ll try again if something else comes up.

Looking at the Brightside, at least I won’t have to get rid of tickets for “The Killers” I have for May. That and living here is closer to Southern Ill.

At least the Tournament starts on Thursday. I’ll just drink myself silly and forget all this crap.

No comments: