Friday, August 13, 2004

Danger Pup Robinson… Danger!

When I first moved into my apt. I plugged my television into my wall socket and instantly I had the big 3 networks, UPN, WB, Fox, home shopping channel, NASA channel, and 2 Evangelical channel all coming in very clear. It wasn’t all fancy like most of my friends with their cable and a hundred suck channels that you have to pay for anyway, but then this is free and the picture was clear. I was happy.

Last night, after coming in from a brilliant game of ultimate Frisbee (I’ll try to post later today since I only have one meeting. Yay!) I turned on the TV and what do I get? Nada… there was black screens and screens with heavy snow. I tried messing around with the connection but with no success.

I finally went to search for my rabbit ears (antenna) in the garage somewhere. I found them and some leather strings (not for shoes). I plug them in and now, I get 2 channels coming in ok. I thought, hey, let’s put some foil on those ears to get better reception! Brilliant!

Did I mention I was drunk during all of this? Shortly later, I felt tired and went to sleep.

That was what I remembered doing. This morning I was awaken by my loud screeching alarm clock and the tune of Ah-Ha take on me on the radio (I have 2 cause I ignore the radio sometimes). I turned off the screeching alarm. Stayed in bed for a bit to sing along with Ah-Ha (seriously, what guy can hit those high notes?). I finally get up, shower and get ready for work. After getting dressed, I walked into the living room where my TV was.

OH my dog!. What the hell did I do? I see little pieces of foil everywhere, these huge foiled wrapped ears that could be used to get TV channels from the deep space, part of the TV wrapped, and these wires behind the TV getting wrapped too. Apparently, I had used up my entire roll of foil to wrap up the ears, but I had foiled all the wires too (to the wall socket). WTF? Oh.. now I remember.. I though, if foiling the ears helps reception, maybe foiling the plastic covered wires would help get my wall socket channels back (Oh what am I going to do without those evangelical channels and UPN?!). Funny drunk logic. I’m surprised I didn’t go streaking to the gymnasium through the quad.

I clicked on the TV to see if this did indeed help. Nope. I still only have 2.5 channels. The plan had failed miserably. Not Macktacular at all.

I may break down and raise my white flag to the cable company…. I fought for a long time (3 yeas or so), and maybe it’s time to give up. Or maybe not :)

Happy Friday Everyone!!

No comments: