Monday, August 16, 2004

Monday Morning... Don't come near me.. yet..

So much to write about on subjects you don’t need information on. Warning: This is time you will NEVER get back!

I’ll just do summaries.

* Our team made it to the semifinals in the Ultimate Frisbee tournament on Sat. We were doing so well. Then our collective ass was handed to us on a plate. I cursed a LOT during our last game.

* The 11th seeded team (out of 12, Wolves eating babies, team name, don’t ask me why) made it to the finals. They had only won 2 games the entire summer. On Sat., they won 5 games in a row. They won the tournament by beating the #1 / undefeated team (team we lost to, who had been perfect throughout the season and in the tournament). Miracles happen (not really miracle, they were really good on Saturday). That’s why they play the game. EVERYONE there cheered for the underdogs.

* I bought a shirt yesterday that is WAY too cool for me. I tried it on at the store and though, “hey, maybe I can pull this off”. I looked at it again when I got home and I’m SO not cool enough to be wearing that shirt. I may have to return it.

* I’m going to practice wearing the shirt at home. Maybe that’ll help. I got new shoes too. Not for the shirt, but I got them in the mail on the same day.

* Shopping with the “going back to school” crowd is weird. We would SO get a beatdown if we wore anything like that to school. I once got sent home for wearing a shirt that said “Smile, and the world smiles with you. Fart, and you stand alone.”

* Then I became Student Council President. HA!

* Why does women’s clothing keep getting thinner, shorter, and smaller while the price gets higher? (not that I’m complaining about clothing getting thinner, shorter and smaller. The cheap bastard in me just wonders)

* I got to do my Sunday routine yesterday. I like my Sunday routine. It’s not exciting, but it’s nice. Here’s how it goes:
- Wake up and walking around the apt. Aimlessly. Really I do. I just walk around in circles.
- Wash up
- Turn on the computer to play some music.
- Walk to the grocery store to pick up the Sunday paper.
- Make some breakfast. I like pork chops and eggs in the morning. I’ll do sausage too if there's no pork chops. If there’s ever bacon in the house, I’m all over that. I can’t seem to keep bacon around for very long though. I don't usually eat breakfast, so this is special.
- Begin morning (well, more like late morning, early afternoon) music fest.
- Sing along loudly (and really badly) to 80s music or musicals (I can do most of the score for Les Miserable and Phantom. Go ahead, challenge me.. I dare you).
- Read the Sunday paper, sing loudly to music, and eating good grub.
- I feel bad for my neighbors and people who walk past my apt. sometimes.
- I feel bad for this one dog that usually starts to bark when I start my singing. My theory is that he/she doesn't appreciate the French Revolution.
- Good times.

* I still only have 2.5 channels. I can’t even get the Olympics. Booo…
* I was very happy watching the women’s sand volleyball event at a friend’s house. An Olympic event played in Bikini’s. Sweetness! :0)
* Women in gymnastics kinda freaks me out.
* I would so kill/paralyze myself on the balance beam.
* I feel very jittery right now.
* I’m working the Rock the Vote booth at the concert tonight to sign people up to vote. Yay!
* My strategies for tonight: Sign up or I’ll cut you!! Do it. Do it... Comply! (Sloth, I’m going to use this a lot tonight, hope it's ok. ). I'll stop stalking you if you register. or Register! I already know where you live.
* I hope there isn’t a quota of people to sign up or anything.

No comments: