Monday, June 21, 2004

Bubble-licious Poems and such..

Call me silly. Call me immature. Call me what you like, but I will openly admit I enjoy some soda pop/cheesy things (among other things), whether it’s in music, movies, art, or even in rhyming words (I was definitely enjoying reading Dr. Seuss books to my nephew much more than he was listening to it). I think this is something that a lot of people are missing. I am constantly irritated by people who have been taught that there are things that are for children and things that are for grown-ups and that those things are mutually exclusive. Best example here I think are cartoons. Oh, how many times have I heard an adult say, “I don’t watch cartoons because they’re for children”.
Quick note here. I think animation has become more acceptable as computer animation is becoming more common place. That however, is not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about drawn (or mostly drawn) cartoons.
When will people understand that cartoons are simply another medium with which people express ideas? Yes, it was created in the beginning to amuse children, but things evolve. Using illustrations we can convey a message just as well as any other medium, and many times those messages can be quite strong and powerful from the way it is illustrated. Even better than a lot of other mediums, animation can easily created new fantastic worlds and characters that are still governed by basic emotions that we see everyday (unlike the fabricated emotions of the reality shows. I mean really, who cries that much over anything? Urgh!).
Cartoons can convey deep human feelings just as well as any other medium. It all depends on what you watch. No, Spongebob is not terribly deep (although crazy ass funny), but if you watch things like Evangelion, Lain, any Hayao Miyazaki movie, etc., I think many people would be surprised at the depth that it gets into.
Just like most things, it all depends on what you watch. Just don’t discount one medium because they were initially made for children.

Go out and rent a good anime cartoon series/movie, Don’t spend your nights watching the terribly creepy “Who wants to marry my Dad?” Yuk.

Funny, I started this blog as how I like bubble-gum writings (poems)and such. Guess this one took a life of its own.

OOROO for now!

1 comment:

Pup said...

You know, the Hentai I have I've gotten it from you. You just a dealer in disguise. You need to stop all that hatin before I whoop yo ass in front of your girl.

It wouldn't hurt too if your comment had ANYTHING to do with the post either.

Chump.