Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Talking Geeky

I consider myself a geek and I go out of my way to do nerdy things. Play Magic the Gathering, play only RPG video games and talk/chat/post for hours (on other people's blogs, of course) about the big wussy monster on level 100,000,000 that nearly kicked my ass (but lucky for me and my level 10^6 Archer...), and all other nerdy things. "Dude, I just got 'The Doomsday Machine' special edition on DVD. The one where the Enterprise is about to blow up!!!" See. I'm basically a nerd. But I'm cool wit it.

What gets me is when in conversation someone says, "You just can't get around it without an alpha-beta 2 dash ten red/blue switch." Then there's that awkward silence. I'm like, "Dude, no one's laughing. I don't get it. What's the punchline?" Said person repeats him/herself and still no response. Now me, I'm ready to shoot the sucka down. "Man, you stupid. I tried it without that switch and it worked fine. Looks like you need to go back to the drawing board, dumbass." But I can never get my two cents in. Someone, that one person who always looks out for the little man, changes the subject. "Anyone catch Enterprise last night?" Its weird because the person who says these weird things know exactly what they're talking about. Whatever the hell it is they're talking about, they own it. We've all been there.

I guess you don't have to be a nerd to know what I'm talking about, but it’s especially funny when it’s nerdy talk. Or Chris Rock. Now you've all seen PootyTang on the Chris Rock Show. Pooty is generally bragging about his new video, while Chris is continually boosting his ego. Then Pooty goes, "Stank shank on the Pooty Booty!"
Chris: Pooty what the hell you just say?
Pooty(annunciating every word): Stank-shank-on-the-Pooty-Booty.
one minute of silence
Chris(laughing): Ohhhhh, Stank shank on the pooty booty!!

as if now it makes more sense.
These are moments that, one could say, "You just had to be there!"

4 comments:

Pup said...

Pooty Tang is one of the finer movies from Chris Rock. Damn that boy is funny, but he's got some issues with picking what movies to star in. Head of state? Bad company? Come on Chris! Do a GOOD movie for once.

On a related note, I must praise Chris rock for keeping my ass out of jail when interacting with the police. This happen much more often than I like to admit. Rock's skit titled "How not to get yo ass kicked by the police" will give you life and ass saving tips. Here're some high lights.
- Turn that shit off (turn off loud music, esp. if it's rap music)
- Shit the fuck up (taking shit and being rude will only led to an ass whooping)
- Get a white friend (having a white friend save yo ass. This actually happened to me 2 weeks ago when I got pulled over)
- Don't ride with a mad woman (she'll say shit that will guarentee you get yo ass beat)

Here's the clip if you're interested.
http://www.laserp.com/chris_rockfp.htm

Pup said...

And on another related note.

FOol, you need to get up off playing Magic and meet yo quota. Go call yo cousin. If you getting desperate, Leroy'll help you out with some shorties...

Anonymous said...

That's alright. Cool. I see how its gonna be. Woowee! Nah, I aint even gonna reply. Aint even gon waste my time. I'll be nice for now. Yeah, cause I have to prepare for a final exam. I'll see you around the way. Later.

Pup said...

Ko with the Burnnnn...