Monday, June 21, 2004

Did everyone make it through the weekend? I think I did. I'm still a little dizzy. Weird thing. Saturday night I swore I saw a guy cursing another guy out on the street. But the other guy did nothing. He just stood there and took it like a man. The first guy just kept going. He even walked circles around the stiff, as if he were ready to throw a punch or something. I thought about calling the cops. But that would be too risky; they're likely to throw my ass in jail. So I just watched and waited until I got bored with the ordeal. The next day I looked out across the street and noticed that the "other guy" was a post of granite with a round top that stood about five and a half feet from the ground. I didn't jump to the conclusion of "Man, I'm stupid." I had to figure it out. Then I remember that this guy has a dog and maybe he was playing/scolding/both with the dog at like late-at-night o'clock. Then I think, "Who the hell plays fetch with Fido after (okay, I'll just make up a time) 11pm? Old people are messed up." Then I think back to what I was doing..."How many people hang out in their apartments, in the dark with a few candles lit, listening to freaky music, and spy on their neighbors?" (C'mon now, raise your hands... I can't be the only one.) Then I think, "Damn, I'm smooth!!!" Have a great Midsummer's Day!!!

No comments: