Thursday, June 17, 2004

Good idea: Drinking
Good idea: Playing Ultimate Frisbee (Best sport EVER)
Good idea: Drinking a few and playing ultimate
Bad idea: Drinking 96 ounces of beer and playing Ultimate while being sick. After one perticular point, I was on the sideline just kinda laying there flopping around like a fish. Couldn't breath or move. It was quit the sight. :(

All this pain is making me feel like writing some cheesy stuff. Here you go!

Trust me

Somewhere along the line, our paths became tangled.
In the paths that we have taken in our lives,
They have led us away from each other.
In this world of strangers, we are unique.
For we chose to become strangers. Not willing, not conscientiously,
but we just keep missing each other.
The past cannot be changed, but our futures have yet to come to be.
I offer you a deal, as we begin to write our future together.
We will begin as strangers.
When we meet, I will not ask that you love me,
I will not even ask that you give me the benefit of the doubt.
One thing I will ask, I will ask that you trust me.
No matter what is said, no matter what is done,
I ask that you trust me.
I will never lie to you or do you harm.
I will always protect you. I will always be there with you.
I will think of you first no matter what the appearance may show.
Let this trust be the beginning of a new path.
A new path that leads us back together.
The road may be long, the path may make some turns.
In the darkest hours when you’re lost and adrift,
Remember my promise to you.
I will never lie to you. I will never do you harm.
Trust me. That’s all I ask of you.


BTW, people, I know you're reading this. Say hi. Post a comment, even if it's about how bad it is. It's only nice to do so.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi sweety,
I trust you. I love your poem. It gets me all hot and steamy. You make me burn with desire for you. I want you! I WANT YOU TO TAKE ME NOW!!!
Yours truely,

The stranger you trust.

Unknown said...

Okay you two, get a room! LOL

Pup, I love your poem. However, I made some edits to make it stronger. I have been taught that in order to make poetry powerful, you need to use the LEAST amount of words possible to get your point across. Also never use a passive voice (any form of to be). Here are my edits. Hope you like them.

Somewhere along the line
paths tangled
paths taken in our lives,
led us away from each other.
In this world of strangers, we are unique.
We chose
Not willing, not conscientiously.
We keep missing.
The past cannot be changed,
our futures have yet to come.
I offer you
our future together.
We begin as strangers.
I will not ask that you love me,
I will not for benefit of the doubt.
I will ask, that you trust me.
No matter what
trust me.
I will never lie or do you harm.
I will protect
I will always be there
Trust
the beginning of a new path
A path that leads us together.
The road may be long,
the path may turn.
Remember my promise
In the darkest hours
lost and adrift,
I will never lie
I will never harm.
Trust me

Pup said...

Oh.. that's very nice. Thanks for the edits Vader!
Always looking to improve.

sarahred is smokeylonglong said...

I'm posting, as per requested. But the poem? If it were tangible, it would be pink and sticky and never come out of the carpet.

Anonymous said...

Hi? Are you going to talk about your new hair cut next?