Monday, June 14, 2004

I’m stopping the rants!.. Well for now at least.

No rants for at least a week. That’s as long as I can promise. It’s a new thing I’m trying out.

I had the most Brillant weekend. I flew to Philly this weekend to see Dido in concert. Is that bad? Flying to other states to see a concert? I mean, I really like her, but does flying to another state begin to boarderline on obessing? She’s not coming anywhere near where I live, so it’s justifed in my mind. Though still sounds a bit stalkish If you’re thinking yes that’s stalkish, I’m flying to 2 different states on consecutive weekends next month to see Sarah McLachlan. Where all this money and vacation time will magically appear I do not know.

Anyway, back to the most Brillant weekend in recent memory. Hmmm.. now that I’m thinking about it, I don’t think I can describe this weekend on this PG rated blog. Let’s just say I was up for 41 hours straight, and it involved a lot of adult language, adult situations, Drug and Alcohol references, and some nudity. Not in that order. Well, maybe it was, it’s all bit blurry. This would be such an excellent movie. Sadly, What happened in Philly, MUST stay in Philly. I don't make the rules :(

One funny part that I just remembered and can share is that during this visit, I also attend a friend’s graduation. After being up for about 30 hours prior to that, I was a bit tired. Acutally, more like stumbing idoit tired. I’ve also been wearing the same clothes all this time. Yuk. Anyway, after I saw him walk I had to get some water and walk around to avoid falling asleep and falling down some bleacher stands where I was sitting. Those bleacher seats were making me more stiff that a bee's knees.

I walked outside the building and found a nice spot under a tree by the sidewalk. After sitting down for mere seconds, I was falling asleep. I must have dozed off for about 15-20 min. and when I got up to go back to the graduation, I picked up my water cup saw that it had 45 cents in it. Wow, getting paid to sleep in public. Aces! I think in the blur of consciousness, I saw a man in an animal suit putting that money in the cup. Scary or funny? Hmm.. you be the judge.

Now that I’m re-reading this, this wasn’t that exciting. Deleted scenes on the DVD it goes.

Ok, more after I catch up on the 67 work emails I’ve gotten at work on Friday. ARGH! What is that about? Never emails when I want them.
I promise the other stories will be more fun. That is if I can remember them.

BTW, I’m sure a lot of you will be able to pry the information out of me after torchering me with a couple rounds of nice cold brew. (waving hand) You'll buy me some free drinks. Check me out getting free drinks. Man, I’m smart :)

Brain not functioning... must sleep soon... only 11am.. argh!!!!!!

Congrats Ko and Jenny on graduation!
A shout out to all the Greeks I met this weekend!! You guys rock!
Dido rocks my world!

Top 5 best weekend EVER!

5 comments:

Pup said...

Higher education is SO over-rated. Rosco from the chick shack ain't even got his GED. He got through the GE part, put the D part on lay-a-away and forgot about it. He's still a success.

Recognize.

Unknown said...

Hey there Pup! Flying to other states to see a concert. Way to go. Hope you got backstage to make it all worth while. Believe me, if I had the $$$$ I would fly to see my favorite bands too.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that I can contribute to a Top 5 Weekend ever.

Ko

Pup said...

I did feel like those cat's pajamas after not remembering where I was or how I got to that spot or what I was doing napping on the concret.

Man, I'm a bad speller.

James F said...

John is stalking Dido!

There will be no white flag across his... bow?