Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Yes, I indeed got served.

Thank you B2K.

First of all, going to a blockbuster around here on a Friday night is a huge mistake. Hundreds of screaming kids running around and lots of generally pissed off looking parents finally realizing the propaganda of how great children are and the need to procreate are all lies. Not that I’m against children, just lots of children screaming in a little room while I’m trying to make a video selection.

So I have a routine of going down the new release wall starting with the A’s. I am too obsessive to stray from this routine, even if I know the movie I wanted to get and see that there’s only one copy left. Must go down the wall in order!! I have a problem.

So I make it down to the end of the wall where the new release of “You got served”, AKA, Breakin’ 2004 was sitting with relatively few copies left. After a failed attempt to convince my friends that this is a movie to be seen in the theaters, it was finally my chance to see the movie in the privacy of my own home along with the many other movies I do not admit to have seen (I’m talking about you Battlefield Earth and Riding in cars with boys, Worst movies EVER).

With a caption like this, how can you go wrong?

“At Mr. Rad's Warehouse, the best hip-hop crews in Los Angeles compete for money and respect. But when a suburban crew crashes the party, stealing their dancers-and their moves-two warring friends have to pull together to represent the street.”

Represent the street! Hell ya…

This is perhaps one of the best movies I’ve seen this year!! If we as a society would only learn from these kids. Don’t settle your quarrels and problems with Guns and Knives. That doesn’t get anyone anywhere. Settle your difference in a Dance Off!! Why can’t we learn?!! Learn damn it learn!!
Dance off is clearly the only way to settle things in a civilized fashion.

Here are the top 5 effects of living “you got served” as the law of the land.
1. Dance Dance Revolution would be a class taught in schools. SATs my ass. The DAT. Dance Aptitude Test.
2. CSPAN would instantly become the most widely watched network as senators and representatives get down to it on issues of the land.
3. CSPAN 2 would instantly become the 2nd most widely watched network as we see the House of Lords and House of Commons “serving” each other.
4. People would finally realize the bump and grind is not actually dancing (yes, I’m talking to you, you nasty drunks who thinks you’re dancing).
5. This Obesity epidemic wouldn’t even be a problem.

See all good. No bads.

3 comments:

Pup said...

Great comment Lady C! Good point about car races. They complain about the street racing being so dangerous, but if they built something where kids can go and race in a controlled environment, the problem solved. It's like kids playing stickball in the streets. Kids were getting run over and breaking windows. The community built a park where they can play. Problem solved. Same concept here.

Another great side effect of promoting 50's style street racing. Perhaps more street gangs will take up the practice of breaking into songs (alia Grease).

Grease Lightening!

James F said...

Wait, I'm confused. I thought the way to solve our problems was with a drum-off, like in "Drumline". You're in a big drum line, and, like, drumming a lot, and you drum on the other guy's drums. Oh wait, and then get in a big fight. Never mind.

Anonymous said...

You gotta rent a movie called "The Warriors" It rocks yo.