Friday, June 11, 2004

Room 101 (nightmares and such)

Those of you familiar with Orson Well's 1984 recognize the reference to ROOM 101. Citizens who offend Big Brother are labeled double-plus un-good and serve a sentence in the dreaded room. The room houses their greatest fear and there is no escape. If a felon claims to have no fears, the Ministry of Justice(?) impose their fears upon you. It’s been a while since I read it and I lost the cliff notes but you get the general idea. Room 101 is Purgatory.

I had a dream last night where my fear of insects, specifically bees and the like, sequentially manifested itself into a nightmare. Here goes.

A mosquito falls into my cup of coffee. I pay no attention to it, so I swallowed it. The scenario starts again; new full cup of coffee but this time a beetle falls into the cup. I scoop him out, toss him on the floor and stomp on him. Reset: Roach in coffee. This one was tricky. I scoop the roach out into a clean cup without using my hands. I fill the cup with water, cover the top with a saucer, run to the bathroom, dump the roach in the toilet and flush him down. Reset: Yellow Jacket in coffee. I hesitate. The bee seems to be enjoying a nice swim. I do nothing for several minutes. The bee flips himself over. I gasp. He then flies out on his own. I swear my heart stopped for an instant, but I never see him again. Reset: Hornet in coffee. I immediately walk away and take a seat in the living room never returning to the kitchen. "I don't need the coffee after all," I fool myself. Then from the living room some other tale begins. That's all folks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo! You need to learn to close the deals and quit posting wussy & whiny thoughts on the web. I hooked you up twice and you did nothing! Practice makes perfect. You better know who this is or I am coming to your house to beat some sense into you.

Anonymous said...

Obviously you couldn't score with the peg legged bald Shaniquas cause they all came back to me and said "Yo! Why me with that chump? I ain't done nothing to you." PS Quit writing about your weird ass dreams!