Monday, June 28, 2004

Good Grief, T!

T at work:
T: Man, I'm in such a good mood, I think I might do some work today. Doo da doo. Pull up Excel. Doo doo dah! Alternate colors for all cells. Red, blue, yellow, green, etc. Ta dah!!! Now add some black border lines to a few cells...add text comments with font colors complementing cell colors...Ta dahh!!! This looks like block-style Teletubbie Land!!!

Well yesterday was cool. I went to church and met Giselle. My friend had told me beforehand that Giselle is an associate pastor. So I'm mid way from the stage doing my famous eyebrow trick (I can do 'the wave' with my eyebrows) toward Giselle and everyone else on the platform. It was all I could do to stay awake. At one point it looked as if she noticed me; that's when the eyebrows really perked up!

So I sit there listening to some pretty good music. Then some old dude talks about a slave girl.... Thirty minutes later I'm introduced to Giselle. I stand there for a moment and whisper, "Hi." Next thing I know she grabs me and hugs me and gives me this great big smile. (I was warned about the hugging, but I was cool with it.) I do all I can to keep from falling over. Its a good thing I didn't try to cop a feel on the...pastor? So I made it through the introduction without fainting. Then I just walked away.

So I catch up to my friend, on our way to Sunday school. She says, "Did you get her number? Did you ask her out?" I reply no to her questions. She's like, "You need to go back in there and talk to her." "Now!?" "Yeah!!!" So I go back into the chapel and wait patiently while she finishes a conversation with one of the deacons. Then she notices that I'm just standing there. I say, "Hi. You don't have to hug me again, cause I'm kinda shy." She laughs. "I'm wondering if you would like to do coffee sometime." "Sure!!!" Then she just takes me, leading me to her office. We make small talk along the way: "How long have you been in the ministry? How did you get started? You must really like what you do!!!"

In her office she finds a business card with all the 411. I happen to dig out from my wallet a faded business card of my own and we exchange digits. She changes from her robe and then she leads me to a coffee pot in the hallway. "This isn't quite what I meant." "No, I know! I really want to go out and have coffee with you. Dating in Mac-Town is sorry. I'm glad you came around!"

She tells me a little about her religious upbringing and chats a little about her accomplishments while she's been the assoc. pastor. In a hurried yet gentle manner she shows me to my Sunday school class; I knew she had to get back to work. I was thirteen minutes late for class...burrrrnnnn.....that's ten minutes and some change. Wait till I tell Pup.

In the class, my friend puts me on the spot. "This is my friend T. He's going to be dating Giselle!" The class show their approval of me. The business committee person announces an upcoming party. "Hey, let's invite T and Giselle! There's no way she'll miss a social gathering like this." I wasn't really paying attention to the announcements until my friend invites me and Giselle to this party.

Well I didn't see Giselle the rest of the day, but those 13 minutes were like magic. Man, that was great! One down and six to go...or maybe one to keep....



Question to audience:
Is it one down and six to go for T, or should he stretch out the one he has now and see where he lands?

3 comments:

Pup said...

In the horribily impovished town of single ladies that you live in, you need to be streching this out like turkey meat.

Remember, there were other parts to satisfying the quota... 7 separate ones or one for 2 months. I'd go for the long term if I was you.

I think if I dated a pastor, God would personally come down and put his foot in my ass. Good for you though.

Way to get some digits!

sarahred is smokeylonglong said...

What do you mean, OR? Stretch that one out while going around and chatting up others. In London I heard they had a nude grocery shopping night- I guess you could always try that, although personally the last thing I'd want to see when buying raw meat is someones pink bits.
Pretend you're conducting a survey- go up to random hot chicks and ask them questions. (Hold a clipboard) Good luck

Pup said...

Shopping in the middle of the night is the BEST!! You can try out stuff (food, drinks, etc.) before you put it in your cart. I'm VERY happy that they sell liquor in our wal-marts here. I'm walking around at 3 am all drunk with a bottle of Jack. Everyone should try this!!

Shoplifting naked is very difficult. Been there.