Friday, July 16, 2004

Greetings From Asia


Just wanted to give my peeps in the 404 a quick shoutout. It's been over 19 years since I have been back to Taiwan. It's insane the number of people driving SUVs on this little island. It doesn't help that SUVs share the roads here with pedestrians, bicyclers, people on motor scooters, and motorcyclists. Plus, Taiwanese SUV drivers seem to share the same disregard and disdain for others as the ones in the US.

I honestly do not recognize the skyline of the city that I grew up in. It's amazing to see that the 6-story apartment building that you used to live in has been now replaced by a 20-story office building filled with crazy billboards and neon signs.

Can I tell everyone how great the food is? I have been eating non-stop since I have landed. It's nice how fresh and cheap the fruit and vegetables are here.

I also spent some time with my terminally ill grandfather in a hospital emergency room. It is really sad to see him in so much pain from the radiation therapy. We are goinig back to see him again this morning.

It's good to be back.

2 comments:

T - Another Geek Girl said...

Have a nice visit KO.
Make sure you spend as much time as you can with your grandfather.
You'll appreciate that time... but probably not as much as you will when you get older.

Pup said...

So how did the Parental agreement go? Are you finally a taken man now?

Don't forget to bring me some stuff from Taiwan!!!