Monday, July 26, 2004



Choices

No photoshop I swear.  This was just being at the right place at the right time. 
I took this picture a few months ago in Charleston while waiting for seats at a restaurant.  It was a typical beautiful sunset, then out of nowhere, the darkness spread.  The light had no where to run.  Minutes later, the sky was darken and light was no more. 

Saw a good movie tonight.  By good, I mean Pup good, which I have found out over the years has no relationship what so ever to what the rest of the world thinks (yes, I still think "You got served" is a quality film).  

The movie was about life and all the what ifs we experience everyday..  what if you could go back and correct things that you thought went wrong in your life?  What if you could go back and change things that you've done.  What if you knew something that happened to someone else, that if you could've only warned them, things would've turned out different.

Would you do it?  Would what you altered been the right thing?  What else would have changed when the reality that you've known was altered?   

I'd like to think I wouldn't change anything I've ever done.  That I stand behind everything that I've done, or did not do.  But then, I'd be a liar. 

I look at the picture above and I envy those who think in black and white, right and wrong, good and evil.  It must be so simple for them.  Everything so clear.  Just like the picture, one path is clear, one is dark. 

I don't know much, being a teddy bear sitting on bed most days, but I do know one thing.  The truth is, nothing is that simple.  Everything we do affects so many other things that we don't know.  Some will bound to be good, some is bound to cause harm one way or another.         

Live your life.  Try to do what you think is right.  Don't be hatin' on other people and the things they do.  If there is one thing that we do have, is an ability to make choices.  Choices, that is to what it means to live.  Our own choices to cherish or regret.  That's what makes us who we are.  Take that away, and you'll create machines, who's only choice was the one that it was programmed.   

So unless you can see the whole picture, and I mean the whole picture.  Don't judge, cause you don't know.  You really don't.

Don't know where that came from.  Just the Pup effect I guess.   

No comments: