Tuesday, July 27, 2004

I know I should be working...  But...

After reading this Very funny commentary from Andrew, I just had to write my own about this article that was not published by USA Today.   

Please read this article by Ann Coulter before continuing and have a good laugh.  

A few lines I would love to point out:

"conservatives are deploying a series of covert signals to identify one another, much like gay men do." - Ha, I think the last thing conservatives would want to have in common with are gay men... or do they?  Instead of the gay-dar, do conservatives have the con-dar, or re-dar?

"As for the pretty girls, I can only guess that it's because liberal boys never try to make a move on you without the UN Security Council's approval." - First of all, all pretty girls are republican?  Oh that's a good journalist statement.  Right on Ann.  Great insight.  Also, even if it is true that liberal boys ask for consent before making a move on a women, that's bad?  When did being respectable toward the other gender become bad.  I'm assuming what you're saying from this statement is that republican guys are all jackasses that treat their women like property or some kind of trophy or piece of homemaking, reproductive meat.  In turn, all the pretty republican girls come running to the nicer liberal boys.  I have no idea who's side you are arguing for here.  

"They're calling this the "protestor's area," although I suppose a better name would be the "truth-free zone"." - This one's my favorite.  So she's calling the protestors' area, which by logic would be populated by the conservatives and republicans the "truth-free zone".  Right on Ann.  Once again, who's side are you on?  Way to attack your own beliefs.  Good going.  Thumbs up.

"Walking back from the convention site I chatted with a normal Bostonian for several blocks -- who must have identified me through our covert system of signals." - Ann, I hate to tell you this, but I'm pretty sure he's just trying to get in your pants.  Get a clue.    

Ok, must now really get back to work..

No comments: