Thursday, July 01, 2004

Pup and the Police

I get nearly pulled over by the police all the time and I get pulled over pretty darn often. Usually for my incredibly bad driving. Sometimes caused by alcohol, sadly though, most often not. Also, luckily (knock on wood), I usually get pulled over when I am sober. That's because I am a much better driver when I've been drinking. I am serious. I am much better driving intoxicated (not completely, just a little bit intoxicated). I obey speed limits, traffic laws, less swearing at others, and really concentrating on the driving cause I don't want to get pulled over.

Overall, I'm just a bad driver though. I find driving to be quite a bore. I usually end up singing loudly (and quite badly) in my car (one of my favorite past times), or dancing in the car (very funny given that I live in a very boring conservative part of town. I get the most crazy looks), or staring into the nothingness and thinking about deep stuff (e.g., what I would do after I win the lottery, or the reason for human existence, or why any guy getting hit in the crotch with any projectile is ALWAYS funny). Most times, I am doing all three of the previously mentioned activities. Hence very bad driving.

Beyond the bad driving. My car is pretty crappy physically and looks like something that was just used robbing a liquor store. We'll talk physical here, cause the engine problems arridiculousdiculos. Big red (my sweet car), has a 0-60 of about.. 2 minutes.. on a good day... going down hill. So not the ideal get away car.

No hubcaps (political statement), one break light out (I think, I can't run fast enought to really see), and one head light that goes on and off (I replaced it myself, henworkmanshipmenship. I try taking it to an auto repair place, but they laughed at me and told me it was only one screw to replace it. Obviously, they don't know the degree I can fuck simple things up.)

To round out the degree of my ghetto-ness.. with all those other problems with big red, one thing she does have.. that thing is a bass system that will blow up ladies skirts within a 10 feet radius. A friend put it in cause he didn't want to just throw it away. Now I come into work scaring the nice old ladies and setting off certain car alarms.

All these years driving in the aggressive streets in the dirty south I think have also made me a bad driver too. Actually, let me rephrase my previous statement. I'm just a bad driver in this fucken driving speed challenged town that I'm in. I have cexpectationecation when I'm driving, like people not have a 10 second delay on the green light, that speed limits are simply suggestions, or that tending to your children while being on the phone in your damn big ass SVU does NOT make it ok for you to almost swive into me. At least in the more aggressive streets of big cities I know what to expect, and I'm ok with that (see Jay's post for very accurate anddescriptionription of that. A few posts back.).

All this equals Pup getting pulled over by the police on a fairly regular basis. However, when they see it's a stuff animal driving the car, DUI are not the first things on their minds.

I have no idea what the point of this post was. Listing to The Smiths a bit too much. Guess it was time for a little self hate.

I think it started out as something half ass worth reading, but it is completely gone now. oh well..

Ta ta!

P.S. - Big Red's still better than T's ride though. Now that's a ghetto-cruiser.

9 comments:

Pup said...

Yea, and your 0-60 is NEVER. You car so raggady that when you park down in Bankhead, instead of getting your tires taken, they put in new ones cause they feel so damn sorry for your broke ass car..

sarahred is smokeylonglong said...

Pup. we should race. My car is a 1970 VW beetle that explodes on a regular basis. It stopped working last night actually. It makes funny sounds and if you turn the radio on, then the headlights will go out. The cops don't pull me over as there is no way I can go over the speed limit, unless I'm going down a big hill. Oh, and the handbrake is held up by a shoe wedged underneth it.
I love my car.

Pup said...

That's a nice ride you have there red. That may beat my first car. "Nascar" as I so affectionally called her, had a radio system that I had to kick with my foot to get it to turn on. It was a big ass oldsmobile. It sat about 20 people comfortably. Had a nice bench seat in the front. Work out for me beautifully. And yea, no chance in hell to go over any speed limits.

T - Another Geek Girl said...

I have spinners on my big pimpin mini van.
People stop and staaaaarrrreee.
Sometimes they point and laugh... I point and laugh back at them, then I flip them the bird.
Put the big bass speakers with purple tube lighting in the back

I love my ride.
My old ride was a jeep renegade... man I miss that... stupid emissions laws.
I don't care if I did have a big black cloud of ozone killer following me down the road. It was bad ass!

T - Another Geek Girl said...

Gator Boots, with the pimped out Gucci suit
Ain't got no job, but I stay sharp
Can't pay my rent, cause all my money's spent
but thats ok, cause im still fly
got a quarter tank gas in my new E-class
But that's alright cause i'm gon' ride
got everything in my moma's name
but im hood rich da dada dada da

Have you ever seen the crocidile seats in the truck ?
Turn around and sit it down and let em' bite ya butt
See, the steering wheel is Fendi, dashboard Armani,
With Your baby momma playa is where u can find me
Pushing through the parking lot on 24's Cadilac Escalade with the chromed out nose
With the navigation arrow headed straight to your spot
Where your wife really love me cause the sex is so hot
Put the Caddy up, Start the 3 wheel benz
Hyper white lights, ultra violet lens
Sumitomo tires and they gotta be run flat
T.V. where the horn go, boy can you top that ?
I'ma show you some shit rookie press that button
The trunk went Eh-eh and all of a sudden
4 15's didnt see no wire's, and then i heard boom from the amplifiers

Kate the Peon said...

Loved the post. I, too, am a self-proclaimed shitty driver. My POS can make it up to 110, but it tends to get pulled over doing 88 in a 65. Ouch.

Pup said...

Can't lose with 22's - Luda

Tricia - damn girl, spinners on you big pimpin mini van with bass and neon? You're too cool!!

We should race Red in our crappy cars. Crap-a-thon 30. Make it 30 miles, and we'll all be suprised.

Kate - Ouch.. That's gotta hurt. I get pulled over in city streets a lot more than hwys. Like going 40 in a 15 or some crap like that. Never when I'm going 90 on I-75. Of course, as Tricia will agree, that's the slow lane speed.

T - Another Geek Girl said...

I can attest to that!
It's the Georgia Autobahn.

sarahred is smokeylonglong said...

Hi Pup. I'm bored. Post again or feel my wrath. (It feels like bubble wrap)