Friday, July 02, 2004

So I wrote this five years ago, and had it published in the school's literature magazine. At the time of publication it was incomplete and it has remained incomplete until a month ago. I don't know how I feel about this new version; the direction its heading doesn't feel right for some reason...I'll have to work on it some.... Anyway, enjoy! Oh, the second stanza is the new part.


This bread is the flesh--
I take as my own--
Crumbled to pieces
And shared among thieves;
Wholly confined as the body of one,
I am defamed and holy to none.

Wine fills the chalice--
Fermented with sin--
Sour the taste;
The life-blood of souls--
Though I drink of these spirits,
I am shamed by my heart....

These words are my soul--
A voice to be heard--
Riddled to nothing,
Dissolving away...
Empty and frantic--lifeless alone,
I am depraved--no flesh to adorn.


Actually this is the version I like! Vader can tear it to shreds now.


1 comment:

T - Another Geek Girl said...

Vader would never do that!
She is a lover of the written word.
You will impress her... just wait and see.

Tell Pup, next time he comes leave the sh*tty weather at home.
Thanks a lot Pup!